The company formerly known as Carsons Construction Ltd, started as a joint venture in November - 1980, between Carson Cumberbatch Co. Ltd., and the Edwards Brothers Group of New Zealand.
MTD Walkers PLC, which is a publicly listed in Sri Lanka, is the largest shareholder of CML-MTD Construction Limited. Through the MTD Walkers PLC Group synergies, CML-MTD has access to vast Financial, Technical and Engineering resources and also, has access to affiliated construction partners in the overseas markets Such as Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bangladesh and Maldives.
- Major civil work construction
- Earth moving and land grading
- Building and maintaining roads, highways and bridges
- Laying of pipelines and building of water supply and drainage related structures
- Building Civil Engineering and Infrastructure work for Industrial Parks, and Housing schemes, storm water Drainage and Irrigation systems
- Port construction and building of revetments & break waters.
- Concrete and steel pile driving (pre cast and In Situ)
- Industrial Mining and Aggregate production.
- Ready Mix concrete production and related concrete product manufacturing.
- Asphalt concrete production